Sunday, April 8, 2012

New book being released

I have not been tending to my blog very well because in addition to my practice, preparations for having my new book published have taken over my life, due to circumstnces beyond my control. Getting my first book published was a piece of cake compared to this, which was blood , sweat, and tears. But it will be published on or around June 1. The title is Hungry for Ecstasy: Trauma, The Brain, and the Influence of the Sixties.

Writing this book was quite an adventure, taking me to places I never would have imagined. It was written not only for mental health professionals but for the intelligent reader interested in knowing more about how the mind works and about what is happening today under the radar in our culture.

Here's what it says on Amazon.com about it:

Hungry for Ecstasy: Trauma, The Brain, and the Influence of the Sixties by Sharon Klayman Farber explores the hunger for ecstatic experience that can lead people down the road to self-destruction. In an attempt to help mental health professionals and concerned individuals understand and identify the phenomenon and ultimately intervene with patients, friends, and loved ones, Farber discusses the different paths taken on the road to ecstatic states. Hungry for Ecstasy explores not only the neuroscientific processes involved but also the influence of the sixties in driving people to seek these states. Finally, Farber draws from her own personal and professional experience to advise others how to intervene on behalf of the person whose behavior puts his or her life at risk.

No comments:

Post a Comment